15 Marketing Statistics to Help You Plan for 2022
Paid advertising, content marketing, social media marketing, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, display advertising, video advertising, and of course print, radio, and television… It’s enough to make your head spin. With so many marketing and advertising channels available, it’s not easy to decide which ones are right for your business.
We’ve compiled 15 marketing statistics that we think are most useful for helping businesses decide which channels to invest in. If you’re still on the fence, we’re here to help you plan and execute your marketing strategy efficiently and effectively. Just give us a call!
Without further ado, here are 15 marketing statistics to help you plan for 2022.
- 64% of marketers invest in search engine optimization (SEO)1
- Marketing campaigns that combine print and digital advertising are 400% more effective5
- Video is the most-used type of media in content marketing strategies 1
- The most common posting frequency on social media is three-to-four times per week1
- Ad placement and audience targeting are the top two strategies that advertisers use to drive demand and optimize their campaigns 1
- Small business owners named social media and email marketing as the biggest opportunities to increase brand awareness3
- Print and TV ads are among the most trusted advertising channels by consumers6
- 94% of people who watched an explainer video to learn more about a product were swayed to make a purchase4
- Facebook and Google Search have the highest ROI of paid advertising channels1
- 75% of marketers say SEO is their most efficient marketing tactic2
- Updating and repurposing old content was ranked the #1 most efficient content marketing strategy2
- Nearly 70% of businesses said they would spend more on content marketing compared to the previous year2
- The top two tools used by organizations are website analytics tools and SEO tools2
- Companies who blog get nearly 70% more leads per month2
- 78% of small businesses plan to increase spending on digital marketing, social media, and email marketing3